Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day Thirty One

In the last couple of days, I have been resorting back to my old habits and binge eating.
I always feel so gross and irritated after I have filled myself with the artificial crap, and although I have done some research into what is in these addicitve foods...I feel I need to investigate further.


Todays additive is Aspartame.
Aspartame is such a common additive used as an artificial sweetener. I stumbled across this article yesterday while I was researching for my additive blog. Thankyou to http://www.jons-weight-loss-secrets.com/dangersofaspartame.html for this amazing article!!! :)

If you haven't heard about the numerous dangers of aspartame yet, I would like to welcome you to planet earth!
For decades research has been continuously accumulating, showing the dangers of this chemical. Yet it remains approved by government agencies, and millions of people consume this chemical every day.
If you think that government agencies actually look out for people's health, click here. It just simply isn't true.
As we talk about here and here, aspartame does you harm by "tricking" your pancreas into thinking that sugar is coming (sweetness sensation in your mouth, but no actual sugar delivered). This "trickery" causes a metabolic slow-down and makes it harder to lose weight.
But of course, this is just the beginning of the dangers of aspartame. And on this page, we'll go into more depth (and hopefully cause you to never want it ever again).

Russell Blaylock, M.D., in his book, Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills, said:

"It is my opinion, after reviewing an enormous amount of medical and research literature, that monosodium glutamate, aspartame, and other excitotoxin dietary additives pose an enormous hazard to our health and to the development and normal functioning of the brain. To continue to add enormous amounts of excitotoxins to our food is unconscionable and will lead to suffering and ruined lives for generations to come. The civilized world, especially the United States, has become the largest experimental laboratory in history."

And I believe that we are now living in a time when these words are becoming fulfilled. It's just that many of us still aren't recognizing these chemicals to be possible contributors.
Carol Simontacchi, in her book The Crazy Makers, said:

"Before long, the FDA was flooded with health complaints from aspartame. More than 7,000 complaints of adverse reactions to aspartame have been filed with the FDA. This accounts for around 75 percent of all reactions to food substances received by the FDA. It's astounding: a single ingredient accounts for 3/4 of all the complaints received by the agency, and yet Americans continue to consume aspartame in alarming quantities: more than 17 pounds per person per year at present.
Of the thousands for adverse reactions [to aspartame] reported to the FDA, most concerned abnormal brain function, i.e., depression, fatigue, irritability, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of the sense of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, and memory loss. Also included were a number of chronic illnesses, including brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's, mental retardation, lymphoma, birth defects, fibromyalgia, and diabetes."

And Mike Adams, in his book, Grocery Warning, said:

"But why does aspartame potentially cause these brain cancers and other neurological disorders? The answer rests in the byproducts of aspartame consumption. During the process of digestion in the human body, aspartame breaks down into methanol (an alcohol) and aspartic acid. The methanol, in turn, poses a severe health risk to humans (page 44).


So what's the main point here? The problem with aspartame is what your body does with it after you've digested it. Aspartame is converted into methyl alcohol, and then methyl alcohol is converted in the cells to formaldehyde and formic acid, and both of these are potent toxins. Is it any wonder we're all so sick, fat, and mentally unstable?
And how about blindness?
Russell Blaylock, M.D., in his book Health and Nutrition Secrets that Can Save Your Life, said:

"Diabetics who drink large amounts of aspartame-sweetened drinks are more likely to go blind. Aspartame is composed of the excitotoxin, aspartic acid, as well as methanol (also a known eye toxin) and the amino acid, phenylalanine."

So how about that diet coke? Or that diet pepsi?
If these dangers of aspartame aren't enough to make you think twice, I don't know what will. If you haven't watched this video yet, I would recommend it:


So here's your action step. Avoid all products (food and beverage) sweetened with Aspartame ("Nutrasweet").


Today I had an incredible day with nature :)
I started my day with a run...it was so hard! I have lost so much fitness recently, so it was such a struggle to climb the hill...but when I got to the top, this was my reward :) How grateful I am!!!

Here is what the beautiful earth provided me with today...(until I drank ALOT of straight alcohol in the evening and binged out, yet again :( )

BREAKFAST: Almonds and an Apple

LUNCH: An Egg and Salad dish

SNACK: Grapes

DINNER: A Chocolate Smoothie with Almonds

DESSERT: Straight, home made Malibu with frozen pineapple pieces as ice

BINGE: Rice chips, Chocolate Wheatbix and Grain Waves.

Tomorrow is a month of this challenge...after everything I have experienced, every successful day, every failure...I have decided that I am going to continue my challenge...this time, I will NOT give in to that sneaky little voice in my head that justifies why I should binge out on preservative filled foods.

Sleep tight, be grateful for our amazing, beautiful earth and let the people you love know that you love them every single day :)
Love Love Love
xoxoxoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment