Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 'Sick'teen

So today I was still getting over my heat stroke from yesterday. I was up and down from the toilet all night, and today I felt weak and tired.
I didn't have much of an appetite today, and once again could not bring myself to eat a grapefruit.
I thought I would dedicate this blog to investigating Sports Drinks.
I had to go and do grocery shopping today, even tho I did not want to be more than 5 metres away from a bed or a toilet. I had to rely on drinking Gatorade to make me feel better, and after that...surprisingly I did.


I know that they are not classified as Earth Foods as they are riddled with colours, flavours, sugars and goodness knows what else, so I thought I would do some investigating and see if I could find a natural alternative, which does an equal job at re hydrating :)
Here is what I found...

http://www.cptips.com/hmdesnk.htm On this website I found a recipe that sounded really yummy!
I have made 2 changes which appear in the brackets, these are healthier options:

  • 4 tablespoons sugar (Instead use Agarve Syrup or honey)

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt  (Himalayan Salt has ALOT more minerals than normal table salt)

  • 1/4 cup boiling water

  • 1/4 cup orange juice (not concentrate) or 2 tablespoons lemon juice (Make sure you juice the ACTUAL fruit. Fruit juices normally have alot of added sugar and preservatives...sometimes even colours!!!)

  • 3-3/4 cups cold water
    • 1. In the bottom of a pitcher, dissolve the sugar and salt in the hot water.
    • 2. Add the juice and the remaining water; chill.

  • CONTAINS APPROX:
    • Calories - 50
    • carbohydrate 12 grams
    • sodium 110 milligrams
    • potassium 30 milligrams
    I also found this site:
    http://www.squidoo.com/homemade-sports-drink
    It is great! They show you how to make 100% natural herbal sports drinks :)
    They explain everything on the website and even offer ingredients you can buy online.


    After drinking powdered sports drinks today I felt the refined sugar surge through my body, and it wasn't happy about that at all.
    It has now been over 24hours that I have been back and forth from the toilet, and my tummy is extremely sensitive right now! I just ate some yoghurt, which was 100% dairy...and also wasn't what I committed to when I decided to take on this challenge. The biggest challenge so far has been staying on Earth Foods while I am really sick. If anyone/Liana has advice I am all ears!!!!!!!!!
    Here is what I barely managed to eat/drink today:

    BREAKFAST: A chocolate smoothie with lots of ice

    LUNCH: Grapes and more Grapes

    SNACK: A Choconana Smoothie

    DINNER: More Grapes and a Caro Tea (Derived from Barley and Chicory)

    DESSERT: Yoghurt.

    Well, I am once again off to the toilet!
    Be grateful for a good nights sleep, good health and hydration :)
    Love Love Love
    xoxoxoxoxo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment