Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day Seventeen

I have been dreading writing this blog all day. I've thought of ways to avoid it and tried to come up with so many excuses on why I shouldn't write a blog for day seventeen. Basically I've thought of every way out of doing this, but then I remembered the promise I made in my first blog...that I would blog about my failures and successes. No more beating around the bush...what I'm trying to shamefully admit is that...
Today, I broke the Earth Diet in a BIG FAT way!
I am disappointed in myself, but at the same time have to keep reminding myself that I am human, and one bad day doesn't end my challenge...I guess when I step out of making this mean I'm a failure, I see that I have good intentions and am heading in the right direction.

This blog for me was about alot of things. I knew there would be ups and downs, and I can honestly say that if I wasn't committed to writing this blog everyday, then today would have been the start of my decent back down to eating chemical ridden, preservative filled foods.

After today I am even more determined to change my ways.
I know that I am really passionate and committed to eating Earth Foods when I am feeling healthy and energetic, however after being sick for 4 days, it took a toll on my determination and inspiration. I think the taste of fruits, vegetables and nuts made my stomach curdle because they reminded my body of the feeling of running back and forth from the toilet lol. Also, I did some research and I found that very simple, refined foods are best to eat when your tummy is sensitive, like bread (hence I had so much today)
In the next week I will look into earth foods that are gentle on the stomach.

For now, I am off to bed and to do some breathing to prepare myself for a new, earth filled day.

Here is what I shamefully polluted my body with today, and didn't even really enjoy:


BREAKFAST: Yoghurt

LUNCH: Hommus on toast

SNACK: A Vege Patty On Bread with Japanese Mayo and Mustard

DINNER: An Indian Meal with Rice. Soy Meat, Tika Masala Sauce, Coconut Cream, Green Beans, Carrot, Broccoli, Zucchini, Snow Peas and Ginger.

DESSERT: Shapes Biscuits with Homemade Avocado Dip

EXERCISE: None

Be grateful, don't be too hard on yourself, ever second is a new start.
Love Love Love
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment