Friday, January 21, 2011

Day Two

Wow, what a rollercoaster of emotions Day Two of my Earth Diet turned out to be!
I was expecting some detoxing symptoms like sweating, feeling a bit off and being a little more tired than normal. I definitely was not expecting to detox negative emotions. (no boyfriends were harmed in the making of this blog)

Apparently, when bringing out the best in yourself you must first experience the worst qualities you have to offer.
The day started fine enough...up bright and early, did some washing, sang a little, spent some time on the computer, and then...a tsunami of negative emotions flooded every single part of my being.
I was so angry, resentful and just pissed off. The hilarious part (not at the time) is that I didn't even know why.
Usually when I would get this negative I would go and find something high in sugar/preservatives/chemicals, go and find a comfy place to sit (preferably in front of a television) and absolutely BINGE OUT!
So today, I had to actually sit down, look my emotions right in the eye and say "Look, I understand you feel this way...tell me whats going on. Everything's okay, no matter what it is. I'm here for you, and I love you."

It made SUCH a difference! I still don't know what my problem even was...but tonight I go to bed feeling very happy and content. I faced my problems and I stuck to my word :)

Here's what that looked like today:



BREAKFAST: A glass of warm water with half a lemon and
                        A Banana Smoothie :)

LUNCH:     Mixed Nuts and Dates

SNACK:     Dates

DINNER:   A Zesty, High Protein, High Fibre Taste Sensation...introducing 'Chickpea Maehem'
          Chichkpeas, Coconut Oil, Parsley, Basil, Mint, Ginger, Coriander, Lemon, Agarve, Himalayan Salt,
          Spinach and A Cabbage leaf.
          Mash the Chickpeas, Coconut Oil, Parsley, Basil, Mint, Ginger, Coriander, Lemon, Agarve
          and salt together.
          Finely chop up some spinach and add it to the mash. Finally, pour all of your ingredients into
          a cabbage leaf, and there you go!
          A delicious, nutritious, completely raw, vegan, vegetarian dish...VERY FILLING :)

DESSERT:  An Apple, Choconana Smoothie (Banana, cacao powder, agarve, ice, rice milk), Mixed Nuts.


For now I'm looking forward to a good sleep, and a new day :)

Love Love Love
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment