Thursday, January 20, 2011

D Day...Day One

Day One:
It's coming to the end of day one, and I'm laying on my bed with a glass of water.
Wow, what a very sweet (pun intended) first day of my Earth Diet Challenge :)

When I woke up this morning, everything that I had planned to do/feel the night before...was completely the opposite of what I expected.
Firstly, I had planned to start today with a run...and then the rain came...it poured. I spent some time laying in bed listening to that magical sound and made a decision...I am going to slowly ease into this...one step at a time.
STEP ONE: Eliminate chemical/preservative/suagr ridden foods.
STEP TWO: Eat my 2 fruit 5 veg servings every day.
STEP THREE: Start incorporating cardio and strength exercises.


As decided, I faced day one by using step one :)

Here is how it looked in food terms:

(I had planned to start the day with a glass of warm lemon water...WE WERE OUT OF LEMONS!)
BREAKFAST: A Banana Smoothie
                       (Rice Milk, Banana, Ice, Agarve Syrup, Mixed Nuts)

LUNCH:         Mixed Nuts, Dates and an Apple

SNACK:        Carrot sticks with 100% Organic Peanut Butter (100% Peanuts!)

DINNER:      Snow Peas, Ginger, Garlic, Green Beans, Shallots, Mushrooms, Spinch and Onion (Cooked)

DESSERT:    Lychees and Chocolate Balls
                     (Cacao Powder, Agarve Syrup, Dates, Mixed Nuts, Organic Peanut Butter) Yummy! :)

EXCERISE: None :(


It was all about satisfying my sweet tooth today.
I noticed that I felt tired and around lunch time I got a bit of a headache...I knew that these detoxing symptoms would show up...and I am expecting them for another day or two.
I could have drank more water than I did, so I will add that to the checklist for tomorrow.

One thing that I noticed today after a visit to my local Woolies, is how much food is processed, full of chemicals, full of preservatives, full of sugar and so incredibly bad for you!

Its crazy to think that majority of our diet consists of this kind of food! I am kind of disgusted to think that I have been so disconnected to where my food comes from and what is actually in it. I am guilty of ducking down to Woolies and getting a quick frozen meal to microwave, or getting a vege burger at Hungry Jacks, or ordering pizza and having it delivered...completely unaware of where all of the ingredients came from, who transported them to where they were prepared, how they were prepared etc.
I will for sure be looking further into these issues. I know after being a regular reader of Liana's posts, that she has some extremely informative articles, so you can be sure to see some re-appearing on here :)



My final thought before I head off to sleep is that, I usually go to bed feeling full, bloated and irritable...however tonight I feel none of those things, which is nice for a change :)

Anyway, sleep tight, list 3 things you are grateful for and have a wonderful tomorrow :)

Love Love Love
xoxoxox




No comments:

Post a Comment