Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day Eleven

Today I was really sick. I think I over worked myself yesterday on my run, and I felt it as soon as I woke up this morning. Every single muscle in my body was aching, I had a throbbing headache and I had a bit of a fever. It was even so painful to walk, so I spent most of the day on the couch. I guess it was nice for a change, but it definitely made me miss being able to go for a run. I am so grateful that I know I will be better in the next day or two. My deepest sympathies go out to people with the knowledge that their health will only decline. I feel for you and I'm terribly sorry. Look at all of the positives in your life and do whatever it is that makes you happy :)

I just got a message from an old school friend.
It was such a lovely surprise :) We had such a good friendship in our early high school life, and as we got older, we sadly drifted apart. She shared with me that she went through alot of the self esteem and self confidence issues that I did. Its crazy that such a beautiful, sweet, kind-hearted girl had these issues! It makes me feel like I was so naive to think that I was the only person in the world going through these issues! It makes me think about all of the teenagers all over the world who go through issues like this and don't have anyone to talk to. Even worse, they also think that they're the only person in the world who is going through this! I wonder what my life would have been like had I never changed my eating and exercise habits. I was lucky enough to cross paths with Liana...someone so amazing and inspiring, and was able to learn from everything that she was going through. I can't even imagine how many other people she has inspired, and that they've inspired etc. It excites me so much to think that one persons curiosity and desire to better herself, can spark a global change in diet and knowledge. I highly recommend to anyone who is reading this blog to make a start. The hardest part about change is making a start, especially when you feel like the change is so drastic.
Taking the first step is hard, but it at least gives you some direction. I am here for advice and as a place to vent your frustrations :)

One thing I would like to confess is that tonight I ate soy sauce and soy meat.
I'm not sure if they're Earth Foods or not (Liana, I may need your help on this one).
Because I was sick, I had to rely on someone else to make dinner, it was cooked (I'd said I'd do raw for this week) and I couldn't control exactly what went in it...so I was really confronted with 'not wanting to fail'.

What I have realised tonight is that there really is no such thing as a 'failure'. We tend to set goals with the intention that we will do exactly what we intended to do, and put all of these conditions on what our success will look like...that when we slip up or do something unexpected, we get so disappointed with ourselves and throw it all away. We sabotage ourselves and call it a failure. Then we give up, go into a downward spiral and end up back at sad, depressing square one.
There really is no such thing as a failure, and guilt does more damage to your health than one slip up.
Stay positive and remember that everything happens for a reason. Learn from your mistakes and exercise your will power :)

Here is what our beautiful planet provided me to eat today:


BREAKFAST: Almonds, Macadamias and Blueberries

LUNCH: Basil Pesto and Green Beans, Chocolate Balls and an Orange

SNACK: Blueberries

DINNER: Vegetable Stir Fry with Rice

DESSERT: Macadamia's and Blueberries

EXERCISE: None.


I would love to hear from the beautiful people that read my blog. I really have no idea who reads my posts, but I would LOVE you to say hello! I am very excited to meet new people who have the same health concerns and love for the earth as I do :)

Sleep tight, be grateful, nourish yourself and Love.
Love Love Love
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment