Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day Ten

Supersize vs Superskinny.
I watched a show today called supersize vs superskinny, it takes two people, both with extreme diets (either way too much or not enough) and put them in a house together for a week. During the entirety of the week, they swap diets. As you can imagine it's a massive wake up call for both participants. After their week in the house, they are sent out to learn to regulate their eating patterns with the knowledge they gained in the house. Six weeks later they come back for a weigh in and health check up. It was quite a fascinating concept, and it got my thinking about my own eating habits. I have swayed from eating way too much to not enough numerous times, and I never seem to be able to find a happy medium.
Today was such a ying yang day between craving my old lazy, unhealthy, unmotivated attitude and lifestyle, and being inspired, healthy, active and happy.
My day started with a plan to go for a run...and that didn't happen. I kept making excuses and procrastinating and then I looked at the time and it was 2 o'clock. I kept looking at myself in the mirror and noticing all of the negatives, and thinking 'what is the point of being healthy? I still look fat, and I know how much exercise I will have to do to get the body I want...could I really be bothered?" Previous to the Earth Diet, I would go on health binges and do really well for the first week, sometimes two...only to have one lazy, doubtful, negative morning and write the day off with ridiculous amounts of preservative, sugar filled foods. I would never really enjoy what I was shoving in my mouth, but just ending up zoning out to the television. Then the by the time the evening would come, I'd get a rush of energy from all of the crap I'd consumed during the day, and end up balling my eyes out because yet again, I've failed. I knew that this morning, I could have gone one of two ways.
Option One: Resort to my old ways and sabotage myself, have a night of crying and self pitty and being ashamed as I blog about my big fat failure. Or...Option Two: Re-read my blog from last night, stop procrastinating, go for a run, make someone's day with kindness, dance like no one's watching, sing loudly and just give up the self pitty act and get on with it!!! The easy thing for me to do would be to lay around all day and eat crap...but the hardest choice is usually the best one...so I chose option two, because I really want to change, so I will :)how to open it.

I ended up going to the shops and buying more of a variety of raw delicious foods to keep my excited about eating raw. I bought this delicious baby coconut! It was the first time I'd ever tired one, and I was very impressed! (I had to once again go to my old friend google for help on how to crack it open haha)


I also went for a really strenuous run, and it was such a beautiful day :) I ended it with an incredible swim in the icy cold water :) I am so grateful for this amazing planet we live on. It offers so much Love, Beauty, Nutrition and Fun.

Here is what nutritious, delicious foods it provided me with today:

BREAKFAST: Almonds and Half of a MASSIVE Banana

LUNCH: Carrot Sticks and home made Basil Pesto (Macadamia Nuts, Olive Oil, Basil and Himalayan Salt)

SNACK: Chocolate Balls

DINNER: Chickpea Maehem and Some Green Beans with Basil Pesto

DESSERT: None

EXERCISE: A massive Run, a Beach swim, squats, push ups, dips on the bath :)


Well, I'd better get some sleep :)

Sleep tight, Be grateful and Love Deeply
Love Love Love
xoxoxoxox

1 comment: